Monday, October 1, 2012

Quilts for Kids #2

When I heard about the charity Quilts for Kids I knew it was something I should participate in.  They sent me a kit for my first quilt and then I used my own stash for this baby.

My inspiration can be found here.  But rather than using squares, I used jelly roll strips.  It is a very simple pattern, but it has such a big impact!  I love the way it turned out.  In order to get it to the size necessary to donate, I added borders and I think they tie it together really well.

Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the quilt bound and quilted... but this shot of the top from my phone is enough to bring a smile to my face.



This is a super easy way to introduce someone (or yourself) to quilting!  There is something so great about creating a little thing of beauty that you know someone is going to love and cherish.  And the fact that it might help some little person through a difficult time is more than enough payment for me!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you totally. I love this quilt. The border really does tie the whole thing together. What a wonderful thing you have done.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete