When I made quilt #2 for QFK I had some pieces left over from my strips. I decided to sew them up with some heat resistant batting to make some artistic hot pads. I have to admit, every time I see them out on my counter top I love it!
Now, don't get me wrong, I know they are FAR from perfect... but the colors and the movement fit me so well I don't mind the imperfections.
I thought that the project would be a good way to try out free motion quilting... it didn't go so well. :( But I will try again at some point. I'm sure there is a way of doing it successfully on my machine, this just wasn't it.
So for hot pad numero dos I just stuck with a simple X. Easy peasy. I think I'm getting better at doing binding too so hooray for that! Its amazing what a little practice can do!