Thursday, September 27, 2012

Going Batty for Halloween

Those of you who know me, may know that Halloween has always been at the bottom of my list of holidays...

This year, for some reason, I'm getting in the spirit of things and sewing up a storm!  I think its all the cute ideas out there and then I made the mistake of falling in love with designer fabric...

I found some great Halloween fabric on etsy and the first project I made was this Bat Mobile I found on one of my very favorite sewing sites Sew4Home.com


I have a couple other projects from their Halloween collection that I'm working on and will share soon. You should definitely check out their tutorials no matter what your sewing level is. They have so much (SO MUCH!) great info available!

These bats just make me smile.  Rather than using all different fabrics for each bat, I have the bats with polka dots on one side (from Riley Blake's Costume Clubhouse line) and just plain black (kind of with a water color-esqueness to it) on the back side.

I can hardly wait to decorate for Halloween now!  Aren't they adorable and they were quite easy to make.  The hardest part was sewing up the opening where I stuffed them... luckily I don't think anyone is going to look too closely at them!

1 comment:

  1. YOUR BATS ARE ADORABLE. I LOVE THE FABERIC YOU CHOSE. GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    LOVE YOU TONS MOM

    ReplyDelete