Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Beginner Quilting

My ward Relief Society decided to have a beginner quilting class. We didn't actually do any quilting, but we learned how to piece. Our teacher taught us the log cabin pattern, which looks a lot more intimidating that it is.
I only had tiny scraps of fabric to work with, so I decided to just make a one square pillow with a wider border. My border doesn't actually fit the pattern because I didn't have a large enough piece of one color, but it works for me. I made it for my baby girl with her favorite minky dots on the back. She LOVES it! And it makes me so happy that I made something so cute!
Leave me a comment if you'd like instructions on how to make your own log cabin quilt squares... I don't want to take the time for a tutorial if no one's interested...

No comments:

Post a Comment