Monday, February 18, 2013

Log Cabin Block for BOW

 I am doing a Block of the Month (which is actually a Block of the Week) sew along with The Sewing Loft.  There are a few blocks included that I don't like, so I've chosen some other patterns to replace them.  I'm also doing a bigger quilt top, so I will be doing 16 blocks in all.

The first block we did was a simple Log Cabin block.  The links provided are (1)to the main page for the sew along and (2)the instructions provided for the week's block.

This is my log cabin block.  I like the colors a lot.  However, when I put this block with the other blocks in the sew along, it seems darker and unbalanced with them.  I will be adding my own blocks to the quilt top to fix this problem.

I have some experience doing log cabin blocks already, but I tried to follow her instructions.  I kind of wish I hadn't.  It bothers me that the small yellow square isn't right in the center.  That said, I really am excited to be learning so many new techniques with this sew along!

No comments:

Post a Comment